American Girls are Leather and Noise

Two things today.

First, Kuk Sool has made me happy!

I went back yesterday, first day back I got to groundfight with two people, and play "Bull in the Ring" (a sort of timed Randori where people actually get to realize how little of their stuff works). In addition to slowly getting my techniques back (hrm, now I just gotta remember the Hyung, ach!). But in the meantime I've got bruises, scratches and a sore neck. In other words, I am a happy camper.

Hearing "Don't forget you can use your knees and elbows" is always encouraging, of course.

It seems he's found a way to challenge his students without scaring them away, and I'm thinking it'll work well for me this summer. We'll see how everything goes down from here on out.

On the other side of the coin from violence is romance, right? So I'm starting to figure out stuff about American Girls (ala Counting Crows, yeah) and there are far too many things that seem too easy for me. And some things at the same time that I just can't figure out.

But I'm getting there, slowly but surely. I'm trying to figure out how I can be myself and interact with people, which is hard for me because I've learned to read lots of people well enough to know that if I just play the right cards with the right timing I can get people to do what I want. But I don't want to rely on manipulation to get what I want out of life. That's not my objective.

So how do I get around it?

We'll see. Right now I've got some reading and research to do.

Wednesday, June 02, 2004

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home