Choosing your battles.

I know, I know. I haven't updated in two days, and I'm always critical of blogs that take unnannounced and usually lengthy vacations. Shame on me. Etc.

I've been thinking about this old quote lately that's sitting in a text file called "Interesting Junk" that I've maintained for several years now.

"Never argue with a man who buys ink by the barrel."

An old quote from a comic I have not read in years, called Kevin and Kell. Over the couple years of K&K archives I read, back before the turn of the millenium, the comic was mostly about unity and diversity, as told through a world where multiple species inhabit the same schools, workplaces, and businesses. K&K wrote a lot of things I liked, including a couple comics I still keep (I'll get on a rant about virii one of these days and you'll probably see a K&K comic linked).

But I liked this quote. What does it mean to choose your battles? What do you do when someone brings the fight to your door? Do you run? Do you play diplomat? Do you refuse to fight at all? What are the available options aside from direct combat that will give you options from which you choose? Are there any?

Random note: I just passed the 1,000 visit mark since May 10th, when I added a sitemeter tracker to AiW.

Sunday, July 24, 2005

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home