Birthdays.

I'm on the road today. I'm doing what I always do. I'm traveling.

I like to travel. It has shaped and molded who I am.

It has formed me. It has been such a part of me that I started an independent blog just for that topic, and between myself and a friend we've written a small book's worth of content on the subject just in the last 6 months.

I am used to being on the road. The sound of a jet engine or concrete beneath tires calls to me like the siren song of the ancient Greeks, and sets my body in motion and puts my mind at ease.

If I stay in one place too long these days I start to stifle and sputter. I start to recoil from my surroundings as if they have become some sort of trap to keep me from my mobility. To restrict my freedom. The 'little things' get to me and I become uncomfortable, jittery, and unsettled.

I have a yen to travel. It keeps me restless. It keeps me moving. It keeps me sane.

Friday, July 15, 2005

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home