The Visit Whore Vs. The Holiday Weekend

Ok, so I use sitemeter to keep track of my visits and page views here at AiW.

This weekend my daily number of visits fell to about one third of its normal. I assume that is because this was a holiday weekend and nobody is checking their e-mail, web-pages, or what-have-you.

My intent with All is Well is to write something everyday. I would like to think that I write something compelling or interesting or insightful everyday, but of course I realise that with some days like this one and months where I only updated a handful of times, my track record isn't perfect.

My experiment is to see whether my writing is good enough, and the blog published and polished enough that via word-of-mouth, search returns, and simple 'next-blog' jumps I can pick up a daily readership in the 50s.

No real reason for it. I don't really need the confirmation of my writing. I'm not using this as a metric for my personal worth, I'm just curious to see, with thousands of new blogs being created every day and millions of derelict blogs floating dead in various corners of the web, if I can create something even moderately influential.

I guess we'll see in coming months.

If the visits ever climb after this shoddy weekend, that is.

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home