"You say that things change, my dear"

I got up half an hour ago.

What is wrong with me?

There is a word in the English language for my condition. Lethargy.

I have no interest in being productive. I am floating just far enough above getting nothing done that I won't fail.

I've done it before. Usually happens to me for a couple weeks about once a semester.

Why? What is it that brings on this struggle to be useful? Why can't I just do what I like to do. I enjoy my job. I like my classes. I like my major. Heck, I like being who I am.

But for some reason there is just no interest in doing what I do.

Quick, down a drink and move on? Friday's coming soon.


In other news, I was at apple.com/trailers last night, and ran across some things.

I am heavily anticipating Saved! I'm also afraid its going to wind up giving up on witty, insightful, and biting humour in favour of just pointing and laughing at the christian high school community. Which is sad. Oh well, we can hope for the best, and the trialer does show potential.

On the other hand, I fear that I, Robot is going to be ghastly. I think when this movie comes out we'll be able to generate enough electricity to light Manhattan by hooking up Asimov's body to a modified turbine. note from the hindsight fairy, 11 months later: Actually, the movie was fine. Light enough to be enjoyable without compromising the integrity of the basic Asmovian concepts. They cut to the chase a little too quickly, and the whole thing was a bit overly bruckheimerian (I think I just made a new word!) for my taste, but such is life.

Wednesday, March 31, 2004

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home