Newsy Things in Threes

Three totally random items today. They probably aren't related in any justifiable way, but here they are regardless.

The Feed

First, my regular readers will note the addition of the Feed to the sidebar. That's an atom feed. Drop it into the RSS/atom reader of your choice, or your customized google page, and enjoy the wonder that is aggregation without aggravation. This way you'll know when I update without having to actually come here. I've started collecting feeds for the blogs I visit, and it saves me time, effort, and headache. All hail the Feed!

If you have no idea what any of that meant, and you're uninterested in adopting new technologies that make your life better, feel free to move on.

The Music

I ran across this ancient meme the other day and decided to try it, just for kicks.

The resulting list happened to be good enough that I decided it was worth posting.

1. Open up the music player on your computer.
2. Set it to play your entire music collection.
3. Hit the 'shuffle' button.
4. Tell us the title of the next ten songs that show up (with their musicians), no matter how embarrassing. That's right, no skipping that Carpenters tune that will totally destroy your hip credibility. It's time for total musical honesty. Write it up in your blog or journal.

1. Whitesnake - Here I go Again
2. Eurythmics - This is the House
3. Guster and Jump Little Children - The Airport Song
4. TV Theme - The Andy Griffith Show (no, I'm not kidding. two years of technical support work for a drama group does strange things to a man's collection).
5. Azure Ray - November
6. Eels - Dirty Girl (Love this song. In fact, I'm going to go listen to it again as soon as I finish this).
7. Violent Femmes - Blister in the Sun
8. Flogging Molly - Saltydog
9. Sneaker Pimps - Low Place Like Home
10. Jay-Z - Hard Knock Life (instrumental)

A weird list, but pretty decent nonetheless. It makes clear just how eclectic my tastes are.

The Library

Last, but not least. . .

The library from the town where I grew up has it's own website.

I stumbled across that link today and thought: gee, maybe that little place will enter the 21st century after all.

Then I realized that the web page made use of midis and wasn't Firefox compliant.

[sigh]

Well, they've made it into the mid-1990s at least.

Wednesday, September 14, 2005