Links are back!

I know I've been bad about my monday linkage for a couple of weeks. I've been traveling and distracted and that's kept me from posting links as much. Also, I didn't update yesterday because I've decided to start taking Sundays off. I'll still be updating the other six days of the week as often as I can.

So today is a link day.

Today's time waster is the Eets demo, from Klei entertainment. If you liked Lemmings, Eets is right up your alley. The main difference is that preplanning is different in eets and once preplanning is done actions are taken in realtime as well. The only way I can describe it is a cross between space penguin, the early Mario games and Lemmings. Lots of fun, but very quirky.

Today's tool is the Weather underground. Far more than your average weather site, this one includes a lot of locally updated information from amatuer weather fiends and storm chasers. A lot more accessible in many cases than the clumsy, advertisement-riddled weather.com, it's worth a once-over.

And I've saved the best for last today. The reading material is a short story by Terry Bisson called They're Made Out of Meat. Possibly the funniest short piece of science fiction I've ever read. It is only two pages, all presented as dialogue, and worth every minute it takes to read.

Monday, September 05, 2005