The Slowest Way to Spell Check. . .Ever.

[editor's note: yesterday's post has been fixed to include a link to the Eets game site.]

As some of you have certainly noticed, I often forget to run the spellcheck script before I post.

Back in September of last year, I wrote an entry called "The Lesson Theory" about my attempts to get acclimated to my then-new job as a bartender.

In that essay, I made a truly fantastic, Homestar Runner esque textual blunder, referring to the ex-owner as a "crisis-managemer."

Now, I don't know about you, but a managemer sounds like a pretty cool job, perhaps that is the guy that acts as a supervisemer for the workemers?

Anyway, I'm sure you're all wondering how I learned (today--almost a year after the entry was posted) that I spelled this word in a comical new fashion? Because today someone attempted to search for a "money managemer" on Yahoo, and I was the third (!) hit. The two hits ahead of me were priceless. One was an RFB for a script on ScriptLance.com and the other was in an article about how to "send your child to college for free."

At least I can console myself by knowing others do it too, and mine is just on a private blog.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go play at being a gardenemer.

Tuesday, September 06, 2005