-

Nov 3rd, 12:40 AM

I only obsess. . .sometimes.

So the Election is 'over', after a fashion, and the lawyers, armed to the teeth, are ready to descend on our electoral system like vultures.

It looks like another win for Bush, but it's really too early to call anything.

Heck, I know some Americans who still want to insist that Gore won Florida. Some people will bicker about anything if they think it gives them the morally justified and superior position.

It's silly, really.

In case you were wondering, I voted for Michael Badnarik of the Libertarian Party. I think Kerry is a Rich Weenie and Bush a convicted and honest guy who is either woefully less cautious or less brutal than he should be. In either case, they both support larger government, more strain on the pocketbooks of their citizens, and more federal power. If you want to talk about wasting votes, I'd say a vote for either of them is a waste.

But I'm not here to preach or recruit, really. I'm just here to muse.

I'd really like us not to get into the sand-kicking, bickering, name calling that we had to deal with last time. I thought Gore's desperate grab at the office was childish and insulting to the nobility of the election process. I felt that both candidates acted with only their own interests in mind instead of the interests of the country. It was discouraging.

I hope that, if it does wind up being a very close race in key states, but a mature and responsible route out of the chaos is available, that either Kerry or Bush will choose it, and have the dignity to say "I have lost, and I respect America's decision."

But I doubt it will be so. Ah, well. Humanity never changes.


Update: Kerry's got class. Appearantly he called to concede a few minutes ago. I'm glad to see he's got the professionalism to concede. That's admirable.

Wednesday, November 03, 2004

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home