I'm Late, I'm Late!

2008 was tragic, frenetic, and exhausting.

I lost two beautiful friends to untimely deaths.  I spent the whole summer fighting to find a new place to live, and now I've got a to-do list as long as my arm that seems to get longer each day, no matter how many things I accomplish.  I shit you not (I would never shit you), it's the hydra of lists!

In short, 2008 was a rough year for me.  I'm hoping '09 will be better.

Statuses (Stati?)

Thankfully my truck is now mostly up to par, though I have to climb out of a bed that I expect will be very pleasant and inviting at 8AM on Saturday so I can go have my transmission fluid changed.

My gun collection is coming together, item by item.  I'll be a member of a gun club by the end of the month, hopefully.

My house is getting messy, so first order of business will be cleaning.  The leaf blower is here (hurrah!) so my treacherous-gateway-of-death-and-ankle-destruction will soon be safe for mortals to navigate once again.  In addition I've got to make a couple of tables and a hanging surface for my new (AWESOME) world map.  Exciting, but I actually asked for a gift that adds to my workload (maybe I wasn't thinking clearly?).

The bigger challenge comes in a couple of weeks though, when I have to figure out how to support the weight of the heavy bag. . .possibly from a tree?

something tells me this isn't going to go smooth.  Why can't things ever go smooth?

Wednesday, January 07, 2009