Yard Sale. . . Mexican Standoff?

So I went hunting for furniture today.

I did this by using Google Maps (which is AWESOME, by the way) to create a map of middle Georgia Yard Sale listings and hit up almost a dozen in one morning.

I'm not sure if that was a good choice.

I'll let you see for yourself. On the left is the list of items I went looking for. On the right is the set of items I bought.


  • A patio table
  • Dining room chairs
  • Floor cushions
  • Living room furniture (side tables, chairs, sofa/loveseat/futon)
  • A rattan patio loveseat/chair/footstool set
  • A humidifier
  • A small knife
  • A poker case with chips and cards
  • A Fondue pot¹
  • A glass jar
  • three CDs, including Harry Connick Jr.'s classic "Red Light, Blue Light"
  • A foldable felt poker/blackjack table top.



After this. . . fight to a draw (I guess that's what you'd call it?) I threw up my hands and, already halfway there due to the route I had taken, drove to Forsyth. There I bought.
  • a patio table
  • A desk to serve as console table for my mudroom
  • 12 floor pillows


Total damage for the day: 108.77.

1. Seriously? It was three dollars. I couldn't afford NOT to buy it.

Saturday, October 11, 2008