"I'll give you my gold and platinum cards for another button."

Points to those of you that get the reference.

I'm scheduled for an interview for Friday afternoon in a neighboring state. Good money, solid schedule, good people (I already know and have studied with more than 50% of the department). It isn't my 'dream job' (not a robot in sight) but the manager is a good man and this will be a good place for me to spend a year or two, setting aside some savings, collecting some valuables, and enjoying myself.

My biggest wish/hope/fear is that, living on my own with money to burn and a very kind schedule, I'm likely to turn into Rayne (warning: this link probably NSFW, also NSFH and NSFC, if you happen to surf the 'net in front of your family, or during boring parts of the sermon). Which, while it would be fun, might seriously depress all of my friends. Well, the female ones might enjoy themselve, and maybe the male ones could vicariously savour the more memorable moments as well, but I think in the long run they would think less of me for it all.

I'm not sure if the best solution to this is to start cultivating different friends (adopted family, are, of course, excluded from this entire musing) or if I should just make an effort to slowly pervert my friends until they find my behaviour less evil and start engaging in similar acts themselves.

Maybe it would be smart of me to follow up this ramble later this week with a more organized dissertation on why I call myself a womanizer, and also why I don't feel guilty about it.

If I get around to it, you, dear readers, will be the first to know.

Tuesday, January 31, 2006