Sick and Well

Woke up sick yesterday. Started consuming Vitamin C tablets and Calcium like they were mana from heaven. My parents decided the easiest thing to do for food as we left town at 11am (since none of us had eaten) would be pizza, which was oh-so-healthy and certainly did loads of good for my already faltering immune system.

When I got back I took more Vitamin C (rough estimate of amount consumed yesterday: 14,100% of the daily recommended value) cleaned up a bit, tried to catch up on my internet reading (if you can call trolling the various Flickr . Babe . Blogs for future photography inspiration "reading") and crashed after watching Bloody Mallory, which is now on my bottom ten "worst movies ever made" list, probably between Armageddon and Godzilla.

I spent the rest of the night in an odd sort of haze. I woke every hour or two, and had one long continuing dream that kept re-working itself each time I would fall back asleep. Thankfully by late morning I had abandoned the sleeping habits of the infantile and slept three hours in the last stretch, which also erased any memory of the details of my absurdly compelling dream. Handy.

Today I cleaned up a bit around the house (the kitchen, mainly), watched Steamboy this morning (It is good solid Anime. If I had to come up with a motto for it, I would say "Steamboy - It's better than Akira!") and then went for a walk through my neighborhood, something I haven't done in a long time. Now I'm off to clean the rest of the house, and prep for dinner and a movie with an old friend--Goth Girl, the webmistress of Whimsicorical.com.

Tuesday, December 27, 2005