Inventing Space.

[Author's Note: The following was written as part of an advance buffer. I'll be out of town this weekend so finding the time to make the updates appear will be difficult enough. Writing also might prove impossible.]

When I was a kid, I used to imagine that anything within my grasp was going to be mine. From a better physique, to money, to the best career a kid can imagine(Astro-Fireman, I guess?) I believed I could have it all.

Somewhere along the way I think I realized I couldn't have it all. But maybe about the same time, I realized I didn't need or want it all. I don't need a lot of money--I need to spend what I have effectively. I don't need a perfect physique--I would rather to be able to use what I've got to reach my goals. I don't need the ultimate respectable job--Sometimes I just need to know what I'm doing is alright. I don't need to have the perfect romance--I like many of the blessings of being single.

I don't need to daydream--I need to get on the train.

I think one of the surest signs of the arrival of maturity is that you haven't given up your dreams, you've just realized that you have new desires, and you can realize them. Maturity comes when you set out to make sure those dreams become realities.

Saturday, June 04, 2005

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home