Old Stories, New Stories.

I taught a test prep session today for the ACT. The test is being given 9 days from today, and the class has done well. I want them to do better, of course, but there is only so much I can do.

Turmoil has begun between my extended family (on my mom's side) and my mother, and of course I'm standing on the edge of the maelstrom.

I almost dove in yesterday, there was a lot to say, but I held my peace and now I'm glad I did.

It's not my war and I don't fight other people's battles anymore.

Fuck it.

[hindsight-o-matic: that last comment got a little bit emo, didn't it? I actually wound up in a heated disagreement while attempting to write this post, which is why it got so terse and bitter by the end. Things got better lately (tip: sometimes, rum helps)].

Thursday, June 02, 2005

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home