The (Un)"Common Room"

I left the last entry for two days because. . .well, it was long. :)

I'm done developing. The last picture was one of her. She's looking out of a window, resting her chin on her hands.

Not just any window though. It's my window. The (Un)"Common Room" of 306.

It's a good picture of her. I took it at the wrong time of day, so the lighting could be better, and her hair is fringed with white where the sunlight strikes it, but I like it nonetheless.

Too much happened in that room, in the last two years, for it to ever recede in importance from my memory. I know that, due to the way that Hall was built, unless it's renovated greatly it'll be gone in no less than two decades. By the time I'm old enough to justify my nostalgic reminiscing, the building (and that room) will probably be gone.

I think that's a pity. I made (and nearly lost) some great friends in that room. I won some fun victories (Hey Justin, how many consecutive wins at Power Stone was that?) and suffered some ignominious defeats (I'm sorry. I can't ever convey, even to myself, my shame).

That room helped mold me. Those four walls witnessed my life unfolding. And today I'll go and look at that window, my window, maybe for the last time.

Thursday, July 22, 2004

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home