Vacancy

This image is my new background.

You like? [Editor's note: The link is back, but intermittent. I'll maybe try and find a way to host the image myself at some indeterminate later date.] I love it. It makes me smile on the inside. There isn't much that makes that happen for me anymore.

Oh, and Lynds? You were totally right about Guster. Why it took me this long to remember to find them I'll never figure out. Stupid of me. :) I'll try and have that CD of Camera Obscura ready for you when I get back from Macon.

My birthday is coming.

And much like the end of my college career, it will pass me by with the faintest of whimpers. My options limited by my situation, there's not even a reasonable way to throw a party that I would enjoy for myself. If I were to throw a party, it would be to make others happy, and I refuse to do that on my 21st. Dammit, it's my day, and if it's a choice between making it be nothing, and making it be a show to reassure others that their presence makes me happy, I'll make it nothing.

I'm going to get away, I hope. I'm going to go where someone knows my name, and yet doesn't really care whether it is my birthday or not. Thank heavens for the enlightened one.

And this question sticks with me: If I have so many friends in Macon, why am I almost dreading visiting?

Working vacation? I'm going to spend all my waking hours in that darkroom anyway. Hurrah for the beautiful escape.

"Trust in me, you're better off this way."

Friday, July 09, 2004

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home