Red Warrior

I've recently begun listening to a lot of Hans Zimmer's work. Good stuff. Stirring, dramatic.

I think that as humanity's needs develop, people are created to fulfill those needs. Zimmer was born into the vaccuum of our need for someone who could create music that would stir emotion and match the epic and amazing moments in film that Hollywood has become so gifted at generating.

What was I created for? What is humanity's great need for which I was born? Does purpose come with gifts? Or only responsibilities? Who am I?

The questions of all of mankind are reflected in the questions of each of its members.

I saw Troy last night. I need to read the Illiad. Once I have, I think I'll have some things to say about what I see in Hector, Achilles, and Paris, and playacting a person you are not.

What good are gifts meant to be weilded gracefully if you are clumsy with them?

Monday, June 21, 2004

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home