Buying Beer, FMJ, and Miscellany

I had a birthday yesterday.

I'll talk about it more probably tonight or tomorrow when I have some real free time.

At the moment, I'm just waiting for us to be prepared to leave, and then we're making a sushi ingredients run. Woohoo!

In other news: I have new boots, and I like them. They're comfy, and I actually kinda like the way they look too.

I bought my first legit alchoholic beverages yesterday. Good beers, both of them (Kirin Ichiban and Hoegaarden). So that's a milestone passed.

I also saw Full Metal Jacket a few days ago. It occurs to me that it's not a War Movie at all, or if it is, it's one of the lousiest "war" movies ever. It's a soldier movie, and a damn good one. Kubrick's hand is more subtle to me than it was in 2001, but the movie itself is quite strong. Some of the best and most honest dialogue I've seen in a film about military combat and training. If you haven't seen it, and you think you like movies about wars, you really owe it to yourself to see this film.

Why do I sound like a movie critic all of a sudden?

I'll have more introspective and interesting dialogue later, I hope. Probably on This topic.

Friday, July 16, 2004

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home