Research for repairs on Chetter.

As many of you know, I had a sport of trouble last month.

So today has been a research day. For the past two hours I've been comparing replacement part prices for Jeep tops. Mostly things like Tonneau covers (Aka Dusters or Cargo covers), Bikini Tops, Island Covers (aka Safari Covers), Windjammers (aka Cab Curtains), and Canopy Covers (aka Trail covers or Cockpit Covers).

I've been on half a dozen websites comparing prices for about a dozen items by four different manufacturers. I'm about to go out of my mind. The fact that no two places seem content to use the same terminology for all parts, and that some of these websites are the most poorly designed layouts for navigation doesn't help.

It makes me wonder about modern web designers. I mean, half of these systems actually keep you from getting to the product you want to purchase, and in the process expose you to a plethora of useless or irrelevant product lines you don't need to know anything about.

Are these companies intentionally targeting ignorant impulse buyers, or are they just really poor at doing what they do?

Either way, it reminds me of a quote that a friend of mine once gave me about interactivity, which, sadly, I've lost. I'll see if I can find it and add it to this post later.

Tuesday, July 27, 2004

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home