Party? Wtf?

Last night I threw a dinner and a movie party.

I have no idea what possessed me to do so. I was exhausted, and I've been looking forward to quiet, relaxed time for what seems like months now, so finally I get a good solid opportunity (since the last few have been ruined by people (whom I love) dropping by) and I go crazy and invite a dozen people over, 6 of whom can make it.

Wound up spending possibly $25 in food on the entire affair, maybe more, which was totally reasonable (though it means I have to go shopping today) compared to going out to dinner, but still an expense I should stop incurring three times a week.

It was odd. I don't know what came over me that made it sound like a good idea. Admittedly it was a lot of fun, dinner was great (though all my cooking time estimates still need work) and dessert provided by the lovely Miss Soon-to-be-Mrs.-Hill was incredibly scrumptious.

Still, I don't need that, I need some CALM. Maybe I've just abandoned any hope of calm descending on my apartment before the last week of June, when I actually get the space to myself for a few days and can really get some rest?

That could be it. That's also when I plan to actually make this place CLEAN for the first time in an age.

[sigh].

Wednesday, June 14, 2006