Lessons in Caring

It's late.

late late.

I've got a critique tomorrow.

But tonight I got to tell someone that she mattered to me, and that she had impressed me, and got to say things that I've needed to say, and that needed to be said, because they are the truth, and the truth needs to be shared.

Fisher's was good tonight. Justin made a bridge call and we found two people under it. Randy and Robert. They're both residents, appearantly, and seemed to be doing as well as can be expected. We left them food and water and prayed with them. They seemed surprised that we cared. Robert asked us, straight out, "Why is it that people like you care about people like us?"

I told him that I felt it was God's calling on our lives. It is what we're meant to do. To care, to live, to grow.

What kind of world is it where it is abnormal to care for the wellbeing of your fellow man?

I want to change that. I want the world to be different. That's not my job or my right to change though. But I can change me. I can make me be different, and that changes the world as much as anything.

Tonight under that bridge I was reminded how important it is that we care for each other, and that we express it. Tonight on the phone I was reminded how important it is that we care for each other, and that we express it.

Very different situations. Very different environments. Very different people.

Same lesson.

Tuesday, February 24, 2004

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home