The thick of things.

Back on the ground.

Feet in boots, meetings attended, documents reviewed, misconceptions corrected. Friends hosted, etc.

And just like that, in just over four weeks, I'm back in the thick of things. Every weekend booked until mid November, every moment tangled up in obligations and promises.

Every promise one I want to make, every visiting friend one I'll greet with a smile. But every moment busy, every stillness merely a gathering of strength for the next push of energy.

When, exactly, will I learn to just schedule time for myself and refuse to touch it? Refuse to host or visit or attend? At least I had the good sense to skip dragoncon this year and ask my parents to visit me instead of the other way around.

I'm getting better, aren't I?

Thursday, September 17, 2009