My Last Day.

I'm starting over.

Well, sortof.

My last day of work is today. In late April, I will make a brief reappearance in this part of the world. My intention is to be overseas by my birthday (as you may remember from Resolutions?) and remain there (living and working) for at least one year.

But the more pressing and immediate focus of my attention is the fact that in a few minutes I'm going to get dressed for work for the last time, and go tend bar for the last time in this town.

It is something to which I have grown accustomed: the absence of permanence in my life, in favor of a drifting, painless disconnection. I'm not saying I'm completely aloof, just that I don't consider myself rooted anymore.

Is that a bad thing? No, but it does have it's downsides.

For one thing, I have no plan for my life for any date later than April 28th. After that the slate is completely clear. I really must seek to remedy that, somehow.

But for now, the focus is on today, not tomorrow, and on how to say goodbye to my coworkers and employers in a positive, respectful way.

("Fuck you all!" just seems a bit. . .forward, y'know).

Wednesday, March 09, 2005

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home