Cows, Continued.

Ok, I know that last post really sounded crazy.

Sorry if anyone thought I was just hallucinating in the middle of the night.

We really did have cows in our yard. Appearantly our fence and our neighbors fence both broke, and some of their cows wandered through our property around 4:30 in the morning.

This must have bewildered/frightened the living sh*^#@$% out of our dog, because he of course barked up a storm, waking up my mother. She describes the recognition of a 700lb+ steak meandering through the yard as an istance/object of the Cow class with something akin to wonder.

She woke me, and we stood briefly in the doorway calming the dog and staring with amazement at the cows, which stared at us. They seemed less than impressed.

Maybe that's because the house is the natural habitat for humans, and so it didn't seem odd for them to see us there. For us to see cows in our yard, however, was entirely a different story.

It was a surreal moment. The kind of thing you can't script because it is too spontaneous, or something. I don't know. It was just weird.

In any case, I've got to be up to tutor someone tomorrow, and then its off to work to (hopefully) make a little money on a busy Friday night.

So, g'night.

Maybe I'll post something more introspective later. I doubt it.

Friday, January 14, 2005

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home