I call bullshit.

I am not trying to be the bad guy.

I'm sorry, but I just don't believe in any of you anymore.

I don't believe you'll improve, I don't believe you'll change. I don't believe you'll get better. I know I haven't.

Humanity is not a dynamic and advancing race, it is a stagnant and chaotic collection of failures and false-starts.

I'm sorry Gene, your humanist philosophies no longer stir dreams of a promising future in my heart. I'm sorry, christian ideology, your claims that some portion of humanity will someday repent of its sin and turn it's face to a God that is bigger than it can concieve no longer cause me to have hope for the coming years.

I call Bullshit.

It never gets better, it never changes. We play the same instruments in the same marching band and march into the same failures every day.

So here it is. My current message to the world: "I'm sorry I am right about you, I've never wanted to be wrong more in my life."

In the hallway of my mind, I'm closing the doors to the dreams I held in youth.

And to the visitors who did little more than rearrange the furniture that temporarily let me suspend my disbelief: Come back when you're willing to prove me wrong.

Wednesday, October 20, 2004

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home