A Different Leaf

Turning over different leaves

I had an experience tonight that reminded me that I am a writer, and this is the result. The cadence is odd and the writing is sophomoric at times, sorry.

Dear Reader, whoever you are: this poem is not about you. It was inspired by my sister.

Guitar Notes fill the space
taking word's unspoken place

Three dogs, two friends, one little brother

Lyrics quoted, laughter shared
moments recall our fondest cares

I wish, you want, I never bothered

What did it start with?
Where does it end?
Is friendship the moment
when true love beings?

Twang of a string, twinge of my heart
Please let me dream
just don't let me start.

One grin, two smiles, three muffled giggles,

You had to be there, I missed you so,
How much you were loved, you'll never know.

Old friends, Fresh Tea, Rose Colored Glasses.

Saturday, October 16, 2004

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home