Willy Nilly Silly Old Bears

If someone put a gun to my head, and told me to recommend a single blog from the Mercer Bear's webring on Xanga. . .

I would recommend Ryguy.

It's not that I know Ryan particularly well, I don't. It's not that we're particularly close, we aren't. But Ryan captures the purpose and ideals of what I expect from a well-written, competent personal blog better than anyone else on the Mercer circuit.

Don't get me wrong, there are other good posters on the Mercer Bears webring, but Ryan's writing quality, heartfelt introspection, use of external links, biting sarcasm, goofiness, pop-culture references, brilliant near-art escapist essays, sometimes startling honesty, and update schedule (often) all combine to form a very high quality blog.

If you are looking for a role model of good blogging--the Xanga way--use him.

Thursday, June 23, 2005

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home