40 day Freakout

So I was doing the math today and I realized I have 40 days between tomorrow and the day we throw a party in my house for between 30 and 50 people, depending on the turnout. And I am scheduled to be gone for around 25 of those days.

In case you aren't aware of this litte gem: due to the ongoing renovation of half of our house, we don't have a kitchen. We have a sort of awkward, pretend kitchen space with toy appliances. The oven works, but we have no range. In its place we have the range equivalent of an easy-bake oven. Our ancient "dishwasher" occasionally cleans the dishes, but often just moves the stuff that was on the spoons onto the bowls. We have no countertop space that isn't covered in crap we don't use, and we've actually got cabinets installed that have to come out before the new ones can go in.

So today it became clear to me just how much had to be done and I stressed out just a little. So I moved around a ton of shit to prepare the area in which dad needs to work next. I hope he and mom appreciate that. It creates work for her too, since she has to sort and re-store all the stuff I moved.

And I'm out of paint for my pet-project, the office/guest room that I'm renovating, so I can't do anything else with it today.

anybody here remember IRC?

/me shakes his fist at the heavens and shrieks like a little girl.

Sunday, June 19, 2005

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home