Two Week Notice.

I give my two week notice tomorrow.

There's a lot of criticism I could level at my current place of employment. . . but it wouldn't serve any purpose except venting, and I'm putting that energy elsewhere, for use later in more constructive ways.

I liked it there, most of the time. It certainly had its good side.

Giving a two week notice will be a first for me. Another new experience to chalk up and file away for further reference later in life.

Funny. These things happen, good and bad, that are common and I think to myself "ooh, that's the first time I'll have this experience. I'd better pay extra attention for future reference."

I did this the first time I was pulled over by a police officer. It was last Fall, and I'd been driving a great deal (lots of commuting hours) at that point for 6 years. It was the first time I'd ever seen blue lights in the rearview mirrors. First time I'd ever handed an officer my license. I received a warning for going 82 in a 70mph zone on a motorcycle at 11:30 PM.

It was cold.

I still have the receipt somewhere.

He told me to be careful, and I remember noticing that on the back of the receipt was a dramatic little warning about how the lives of innocent civilians were taken every day by careless drivers.

My two weeks notice means I'll be leaving the bar (and the country, for that matter) before St. Patrick's day, which is a real pity. That would have been a fun night to work, and a good last hurrah. But the schedule worked better if I left sooner. So there is that.

Oh, and Geardo update:

I found the Dakine Guide online from Snow Leopard Mountain Sports , and ordered it. I should have it by next week.

I'm also looking at small MP3 players now, especially compact, durable ones like the Rio Sport S35. I'll only be able to take about 1/30th of my collection with me, and that is if I expand it's paltry 128 meg storage space out to the max of 640. Still, it will be enough music to get me through, and I'll probably only take a handful of my genres with me anyway. If I can find it somewhere for under $45, I'll probably pick it up in the next week.

By the way, I found out the Etymology of the word "Geardo". It was appearantly first coined back in june 2002 by the author of Military Morons to describe "someone who had a passion for Cordura and webbing".

Monday, February 21, 2005

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home