Ball, Globe. . . Sonofa. . .

So, uh, yeah. I am updating the archives, and just updated the entry about Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, where I tried to draw a parallel to those shape-sorter toys we had as kids.

I spent the better part of 45 minutes looking on the fisher price and toys-r-us sites trying to find a link to one of those damn things. I have been exposed to enough photographs of attractive, content, and obviously-very-intelligent toddlers playing with educational toys to fulfill all of humanities needs for such pictures for the coming academic year.

Eaarg!

Anyway, all that because I'm looking for one of these things. Mainly though I found shape sorting cubes.

But I didn't want a cube, I wanted one of those yellow globe-esque things we had. I think they were tetrahedrons, actually. Because we all had one! and they were all missing at least one shape, and they were all the same!

But now, dammit, I can't find a single one of the things, and I spent several minutes futzing with google because it wouldn't return me any links on a "shape sorting globe."

Finally, in a moment of sleep-deprived frustration, I admitted to myself that the object might also be considered a ball.

Lo and behold, I was immediately presented with the appropriate links. Granted, the shape-o toy linked above is NOT the appropriate colour. . .but at least it's what I was looking for.

However, my more pressing question then becomes. . . did the toy do it's job?

Because obviously I know what a globe is. . . but that doesn't really help me appearantly when I need it. . .

Maybe I'm just sleep deprived? Or depraved? One of those D words.

Sunday, February 20, 2005

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home