The Most Incredible Thing.

The Most Incredible Thing happened to me just now.

People wrote me. Hardcopy. A mixture of clean white pages of crisp printer paper and rumpled college ruled notebook sheets. Each comment a reminder. Notes about how life is going in the first few days of school. News about their lives. A tangible, physical connection between me and a world I left behind. A world from which I commenced. Each word an encouragement and a kindness.

I know whose idea it was, of course. I knew as soon as I recognized the top sheet as QW's handwriting, and not hers. But I didn't see it coming.

Blue. Mal. Even ROTC-boy and Zig.

They all wrote me.

I'm not the kind of guy that people do this sort of thing for.

I should be more specific. I'm never the kind of guy that people do this sort of thing for.

Thank you.

Friday, August 19, 2005

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home